Wednesday, December 29, 2004

Menacing Mince Pie of Fatness (+7)

Christmas is over and I must have put on two stone.

Santy brought me Prince of Persia: Warrior Within. I haven't opened it yet.

Probably won't.

I have, however, delighted in downloading a name edit FAQ for Pro Evolution Soccer 4 from Gamefaqs.com and spent ten hours (I shit you not) yesterday making sure every transfer (including Tiago to Chelsea), stadium name, team name, player name, shirt number, name on shirt, commentary name and team selection was right.

All the while my uncle and aunt were downstairs getting ignored.

I loved every minute of it.

Playing an actual match at the end of it all was a bit of an anti-climax. So much so that I almost erased eveything on purpose so that I could do the whole damn thing again.

But I didn't.

Even I have a line - and I almost crossed it. Luckily, I stayed on the side of cool - clinging desperately to the ten hours my life will never have the opportunity to get back.

That's right . . . I said cool.

No comments: